Christ gives thoughtfully, generously and with great love.
At Christmas we give and give and give.
What a great opportunity to talk to your children about giving in Christlike ways.
Keep reading for inspired ideas.
(And for a gift from me at the end of the post)
Give like Jesus gives
“It seems appropriate that giving and receiving gifts is a central part of Christmas.
After all, we are celebrating the matchless gift of God’s Son, the Savior Jesus Christ.
Of course, our gifts to each other will never compare to this gift,
but I believe that the joy of giving and receiving gifts
can turn our hearts toward the ‘gifts of God’.Douglas D. Holmes
First Counselor in the Young Men General Presidency
You are looking for every opportunity to help your children become more like Christ.
These ideas will help you teach your kids about giving in Christlike ways this Christmas.
Your children can:
- Ask for Heavenly Father’s help to find a special gift
- Spend time thinking about how much they love that person
- Think about what is important to that person
- Make a sacrifice to give the gift to show that person that you love them
- Understand that how much money the gift costs is not the important thing
- Spend time with you making something special with their own hands
Christmas is such a warm, giving time.
Your kids can strengthen or create lasting and loving relationships through Christlike giving.
And just to get you started, I have a gift that I have made for you from my heart.
These gifts are gift tags that are very Christ focused rather than cute and meaningless.
Hopefully, your family can learn that giving from the heart like the Savior does is a great joy.
Need more Christ centered Christmas tradition ideas?
Here are 100!
Help you family give like Jesus this Christmas.
From my family to yours.